Whether you are renovating, or constructing any project, the utmost consideration is the type of material you will use. Does it suit the lifestyle of the person who will live in it? Do factors like aesthetic or maintenance make the top priorities? There’s a lot of questions to be answered before choosing the right material. Flooring services are in fact being sought after to help one make the right decision from choosing the right architectural structure to cleaning and maintenance. With the vast number of choices and little knowledge about it, a help from them makes a difference.
Tile has been a practical choice due to its endless styles and availability. It is manufactured from ceramic, stone, metal or glass and is commonly used for flooring due to its durability and resistance to impacts. Did you know that ceramic tile was formed from clay that is hardened by heat? Its decorative glaze may or may not be added depending on the style or usage. It is affordable and aesthetically pleasing when used for floors or wall material. It has variety of colors, texture, shape, and sizes. Ceramic tile flooring is usually 3/8″ or less inch thick, while the surface area is less than 6 inches.
Here are the advantages of choosing ceramic tile.
- It is versatile. They are scratch- and crack-resistant. They even withstand high pressure, and it does not burn.
- Ceramic tile is durable and in fact, it can last for more than 20 years if well-maintained. Because of its strength and resiliency, it serves as a good material for high traffic situations.
- Easy to clean. Glazed tiles are water resistant and impermeable to stains making them the best material for bathroom or kitchen areas.
- They are anti-static. They do not become electrically charged when there is friction.
- Not harmful to health. For people sensitive to allergens, this is the recommended flooring or wall material.
- It even adds value to your home aside from aesthetic appeal it gives.
Another good thing about using tile is, it can be replaced individually, if damaged already. Tiles are easier to repair than a wood floor or a composite flooring surface. If needs to be repaired, you just need to remove the broken pieces, clean it, put the replacement tiles and finally re-grouting the area. Most households utilizes DIY tutorials for this and some prefer assistance from flooring services.
Installation on the other hand is also easy. It can start off by preparation of the area, gauging the space, then tile can be installed and finally grouting the finished project.
Ceramic tile cleaning – Because of its structure, dirt and stains rest on the surface, which you can easily wipe away. For deep stains, a high-quality cleaning material can be used of without damaging the tile. But to avoid the dirt from embedding in the tile or grout, regular sweeping and vacuuming will do the trick. For deep dirt, a mop plunged in a mild detergents on a clean water can get the job done. You can get rid of the residue by using an all-purpose cleaner, or if you do not want to spend more, you can mix baking soda with water as replacement. Nonetheless, cleaning services can be availed to ensure proper ceramic tile cleaning is employed as it also varies for different types of ceramic tile. After all, a good flooring is something you will be proud standing on.