Is your home filled with kids, pets, and a lot of foot traffic? If so, these are some things you have to consider as well in selecting a good flooring material. Asking experts in flooring materials and services is definitely a smart move. With many options available nowadays, it is hard to decide which material will suit your lifestyle and your preferences. This is a crucial part. You only get to decide one time but its aftermath will continue for the rest of your life, maybe even outlive you.
A good investment that will pay off for a lifetime can be a deal breaker. A flooring material that has more benefits to offer and a possible high return of investment may let you give in and seal the deal. You are not alone. Millions of people have considered this when they chose hardwood floor. It never goes out of style and has timeless appeal that you cannot resist. Made from real wood, and with large variety of types, colors, design, grains, and patterns, it will surely complement any décor or theme you wanted for your house. Whether you prefer a walnut-earthly shade to match with your furniture or cabinets, or a gray shade, to perfectly set the atmosphere in your house, you can never go wrong.
Hardwood Flooring Benefits:
- It gives warm, homey feeling no other materials can give.
- Its versatility is perfect with any designs or décor you wanted.
- Easy to clean as less dust and dirt are collected compared to other flooring materials. It is also resistant to spills and stains.
- Does not trigger allergy. It can avoid discomfort brought about by allergen producing dusts.
- It requires less maintenance. It does not need to be replaced every time. It can be repaired.
- Good quality of wooden flooring can lasts for a decade.
- Sustainable and ecologically available. It uses less water and energy to produce.
- It has high property value, making it the most profitable home improvement project.
- Indoor air quality is much better if wood flooring is used according to US Environmental Protection Agency.
Expensive looking hardwood flooring like walnut, cherry, and oak gives a classy ambiance. Paired with the aroma of a newly polished wooden floor, and you know you made the right decision. Get help from flooring service that will ease the hardwood flooring installation process from preparation of a smooth, clean, structurally sound base, to raising the subfloor (this prevents the moisture from rising up). Hardwood flooring is susceptible to moisture. Therefore experts will need to check the house’s normal humidity level first before the installation. Prior to that, you can choose between getting a solid hardwood floor or an engineered hardwood floor. Solid hardwood is a thicker single piece of wood, while engineered hardwood is thinner and bear a resemblance to that of plywood. The latter is less expensive and easier to install, and more importantly, it has pre-finish. So there is no need to sand & finish the floor afterwards.
Regular sweeping using a soft bristle broom is enough and no need to buy expensive cleaning equipment like vacuum. It will keep the debris and soil off the floors. It is recommended that you used a detergent or cleaning material designed especially for hardwood flooring maintenance to keep its glossy and new-look appeal. If needed to be repaired, three important steps such as sanding smoothing, & refinishing will do the trick. And voila! You get a clean, fixed flooring that does not need a replacement.