The Best Pads for Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floor is a glamorous addition to our home interior. Neat and shiny hardwood floor always appeal the visitors or guests. Permanent care of hardwood floor is the big deal than the installation of these types of floors. Although all the people at home should have floor-friendly habits, it is also necessary to take some measures for taking care of hardwood floors. Floor padding is the good idea to keep them safe with an addition to the beauty of a home. The Rugs pads provide safety to the floor from scratches, breakage and discolor. There are so many floor padding rugs in the market that can be selected according to the hardwood floor type. Hardwood floors’ manufacturers also suggest better the type of floor rug pads which could provide full finish and protection to the floor.
Some of the best types of the floor mats are as follows:
Natural rubber pads are safer for the hardwood floors. These pads are non-slip because of having a strong gripping power of the natural rubber. These are much better than typical PVC (polyvinyl chloride) which stick to the floor and fade the color of that part of the floor. Hence, it is hard to find out the natural rubber pads in a market as there are so many plastic rubber pads on the stores. So try to buy the best quality rubber pad with its warranty from the seller to get rid of the low-quality rugs.
Felt Rug Pad
These are more fluffy and cushioned than typical non-slip rugs. Intense layering in the rug provides ultimate safety to the floor from scratches or sticking. These are mostly used for larger areas on the floors.
Natural Rubber and Felt Rug Pad
These are the combination of both the natural rubber pads and felt rug pad. Natural rubber base provides a firm grip to the floor, and heavy cushioning provide a dense buffer between the floor and the rug. It is an amazing quality rug to be used on the hardwood floors for protection, beauty, and comfort at the same time.
- Remove dust before placing the rug pads
- Place big size rugs in living rooms or the wide areas of the house.
- Use rugs in the areas of the house which have heavy traffic like in kitchens or corridors.
- Use a non-slip pad under the rug; if it is a poor quality rug.
However, placing the best quality rug for the floor care is important, but these above tips can also be helpful for hardwood floor care.
Hardwood flooring is the wonderful idea to furnish our homes. There are so many ways of furnishing a home. Adding beauty and quality to home or lifestyle depends on the interest of an individual. Wood floors put in worth and luxury to homes and make them cosier. Building a new house or renovation of an old house, need an efficient approach to come up with new trends in decoration. Hardwood flooring is not an inexpensive idea to add in. However, a good approach to searching the timber market can help you to add wood floors on a limited budget. There are some types of floors in the market from which you can choose the best quality for your home. If you are going to build your new home, then the choice of unfinished hardwood to decor your house floor could work best for you.
Unfinished flooring is the type, in which the hardwood is installed on the floor in a natural appearance. After installing the boards of hardwood on the place, they are colored according to the interior scheme of the house. These types of floors are also called Site Finished Hardwood floors.
If we discuss pre-finished hardwood flooring vs unfinished, the first main thought comes up that pre-finished hardwood floors are better to decor existing homes whereas unfinished hardwood floors are the best idea for only new homes.
If we choose to add site finished hardwood floor in our new home, some of the major favorable directions of this decision are:
- A wide variety of unfinished hardwood floors is available on the market by the timber suppliers.
- The color of the natural wood can be acquired according to the color scheme of the house as the choice of the color is not limited to what is available at the store.
- When unfinished hardwood floor gets into finished form by applying urethane, it appears more natural than pre-finished hardwood floors.
- If you choose the Installation of unfinished hardwood floor at your home, you enjoy the option of customization. You can make your house floor more unique with borders, shades or high gloss finishes.
- It can be easily matched with the existing hardwood floor because it gets the finish on site.
- The color of the hardwood can be changed for the desired color by applying wood floor stain finish before sealing the wood as well.
- The process of finishing the hardwood floor on the site provides more uniformity and sealing balance.
Appealing walls and floors give the luxury effect to the home other than any interior element. Do your best to give a lift to your lavish home with comfortable, smooth and shiny hardwood floor.
Ace Flooring DFW
Unfinished Hardwood Flooring
Ceramic Tile Flooring
Whether you are renovating, or constructing any project, the utmost consideration is the type of material you will use. Does it suit the lifestyle of the person who will live in it? Do factors like aesthetic or maintenance make the top priorities? There’s a lot of questions to be answered before choosing the right material. Flooring services are in fact being sought after to help one make the right decision from choosing the right architectural structure to cleaning and maintenance. With the vast number of choices and little knowledge about it, a help from them makes a difference.
Tile has been a practical choice due to its endless styles and availability. It is manufactured from ceramic, stone, metal or glass and is commonly used for flooring due to its durability and resistance to impacts. Did you know that ceramic tile was formed from clay that is hardened by heat? Its decorative glaze may or may not be added depending on the style or usage. It is affordable and aesthetically pleasing when used for floors or wall material. It has variety of colors, texture, shape, and sizes. Ceramic tile flooring is usually 3/8″ or less inch thick, while the surface area is less than 6 inches.
Here are the advantages of choosing ceramic tile.
- It is versatile. They are scratch- and crack-resistant. They even withstand high pressure, and it does not burn.
- Ceramic tile is durable and in fact, it can last for more than 20 years if well-maintained. Because of its strength and resiliency, it serves as a good material for high traffic situations.
- Easy to clean. Glazed tiles are water resistant and impermeable to stains making them the best material for bathroom or kitchen areas.
- They are anti-static. They do not become electrically charged when there is friction.
- Not harmful to health. For people sensitive to allergens, this is the recommended flooring or wall material.
- It even adds value to your home aside from aesthetic appeal it gives.
Another good thing about using tile is, it can be replaced individually, if damaged already. Tiles are easier to repair than a wood floor or a composite flooring surface. If needs to be repaired, you just need to remove the broken pieces, clean it, put the replacement tiles and finally re-grouting the area. Most households utilizes DIY tutorials for this and some prefer assistance from flooring services.
Installation on the other hand is also easy. It can start off by preparation of the area, gauging the space, then tile can be installed and finally grouting the finished project.
Ceramic tile cleaning – Because of its structure, dirt and stains rest on the surface, which you can easily wipe away. For deep stains, a high-quality cleaning material can be used of without damaging the tile. But to avoid the dirt from embedding in the tile or grout, regular sweeping and vacuuming will do the trick. For deep dirt, a mop plunged in a mild detergents on a clean water can get the job done. You can get rid of the residue by using an all-purpose cleaner, or if you do not want to spend more, you can mix baking soda with water as replacement. Nonetheless, cleaning services can be availed to ensure proper ceramic tile cleaning is employed as it also varies for different types of ceramic tile. After all, a good flooring is something you will be proud standing on.